guest@trilinear ~/links.html $ _
Quake III Arena
id Software on GitHub
- Find every GPL’ed release of id’s engines here, from Catacombs to Doom 3 here. All hail Carmack!
John Carmack Archive
- The definitive collection of .plan updates and interviews by the man who needs no introduction (via Internet Archive).
Fabien Sanglard’s Website
- Well-known author of several code reviews and books on id’s engines. Excellent content here.
Lazy Foo’ Productions
- SDL and OpenGL tutorials.
- Older OpenGL tutorials (some links no longer working).
- Welcoming and active community of Doom and Quake fans.
- The home of the excellent GZDoom port.
- The definitive Quake 1 port, based on the fantastic FitzQuake.
Hammer of Thyrion
- Highly recommended Hexen II port. Works well with the Steam release.
- Quake III level database.
- The definitive Bay Area community news site.